If you are interested, please call 617-820-8394 or email email@example.com
inquiry or reservation. Minimal 6 attendees are needed for a new retreat.
Daoism Temple in Mount Wuyi, Fujian, China
Dr. Miles Chong Chen, the founder of Chi Wellnness Clinic in Boston, is a pioneering
thinker and practitioner of holistic care and sustainable wellness. He describes
his childhood experience:
"When I grew up in China, six out of my ten neighbors were traditional medicinal herbalists.
We lived in apartments above an herbal processing plant. Kids could roam freely
amid the raw herbs (many of them were also food). The medicine men were not educated at
modern colleges, but apprenticed with a master since they were 9 - 12 years old. They taught me ancient
wisdom and practices, developed by Daoists and Zen budhists in China, that remain valid and
powerful today. When I turned 16, I became a farmer on Mount Wuyi in Fujian, China.
I observed many local peasants practicing Daoist exercises. These exercises allowed the regional people to live healthy, happy
and harmonious lives, despite often enduring extreme hardship and poverty.
"My early childhood education, which was mostly "old and primitive," left a strong imprint
on my being. In contrast, my adult education, at college in China and later graduate
school in the US, was centered on Western science and cutting edge technology. I believe that
some ancient practices are biologically relevant and medicinally useful. My personal practice
of sustainable wellness motivates me to share with others the benefits I have experienced from using this ancient wisdom.
I have always been drawn to mountains and springs for their healing, tranquil and harmonious atmospheres.
The magic mountains of Western North Carolina are special and spiritual indeed."
The retreat is not a simple get-away, but a learning experience of inner healing, which you have to
feel at the natural, instinctual and intuitive levels. Dr. Chen will
teach each student in such a way that they "get it" for life and "know" its effectiveness.
The experience, therefore, is a life transformation. Students will change from consumers to
activists seeking health, happiness and harmony. Each student will master self-care in a
personalized and internalized manner. There will be a lot of hands-on practice during the retreat.
Please call 781.290.0488 to make reservation.
Chen meditating at the mountain lodge NC
To maximize innate healing for sustainable health, happiness and harmony
Weight Issues, Diabetes, Eating Disorders, Hypertension
Aches & Pains, Muscle Stiffness, Muscle spasticity, Neuralgia
Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Fatigue
PMS, Menopause, Immunodeficiency, Cancers
- Developing a holistic view of health
- Feeling your own wellness instincts: appetite, thirst, fatigue, tension
- Acquiring simple skills that can be practiced on a daily basis
- Eating well and food selection for healthy weight and emotional life
- Relaxing stress physically, mentally and emotionally
- Finding your own rhythm: high productivity, low maintenance, a harmonious life
- Wulong Tea Ceremony
- Introducing the concept of sustainable wellness
- Why we are capable of self-care: wellness instincts endowed by nature
- Turning inward to hear the mind, body and emotions
- Feeling and relaxing tension from head to toe
- Stretching and moving the joints (Chen Tai Chi)
- Deep breathing, meditation & qigong (chi gong)
- Experiencing total relaxation
- Foods that make you well, as nature intended
- Eating well: the pleasure, relaxation and nourishment of eating
- Visit area organic farms
- Wholesome food ingredients and balanced diet
- Cooking class: aroma, color and taste
- Cultivate vegetables and herbs in the herb farm
- Reconnect with nature: empowerment from the circulation of Chi
- Reclaim confidence in innate healing ability and optimism in life
- Simplify life to achieve harmony
DISCLAIMER: Self-care is not designed to replace, but rather to complement Western health care,
for chronic condtions. Please consult with your physician about specific medical issues.
Copyright 2005 Chi Wellness Corp. All rights Reserved.
Chi Wellness is a Registered Trademark (TM).
Provider of Acupuncture, Herb, Massage & Tai-Chi in Massachusetts